UPDATE: Some folks are reporting 1st year AF not being waived, however DP thus far clearly show that the odds are still in favor of 1st year waiver. If you wish to analyze most recent DPs yourself, check out the reddit thread linked at the end of the post.
Signup offer: Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
Yes, the terms and condition does not say fee is waived. But once you apply and get approved, you can download card member agreement to see that 1st year AF is in fact waived. In order to download card member agreement, login to the account that has Platinum Buisness, then navigate the site as follows:
Account Services – Card Management – Request Cardmember Agreement
You will also receive the same card member agreement via snail mail.
Proof of waiver:
half-arsed proof that I applied today:
Proof from 3rd parties:
I originally read about the AF waiver on a reddit thread. There are quite a few data points of AF waiver.
Additionally, a boardingarea blogger claims that his 1st statement was generated but he has not been charged AF.
Tips for possible applicants:
- Remember there is no hard pull on denial for existing members.
- Amex does not report biz apps.
- Be sure to apply for another card afterward. This combines inquiries.
- If approved right away, MAKE SURE to link biz plat to your account. This insures you can download card member agreement right away.
- Finally save your card member agreement somewhere safe.